- Type of seaweed, or algae, commonly eaten in Asian countries
- Contains lots of vitamins, especially B vitamins
- Boosts cellular metabolism
- Increases energy
- Contains vitamins C and E, which are both strong antioxidants and promote blood vessel health
- Minerals, such as calcium, boron and magnesium
- Helps make strong bones and normal muscle function.
Best Kelp Supplements
- SUPERIOR QUALITY STANDARDS: Our Kelp is carefully tested and produced to superior quality standards.
- CONTAINS IODINE: Nature's Way Kelp is a nutritional seaweed guaranteed to contain iodine.
- NON-GMO PROJECT VERIFIED: Nature's Way Kelp is produced according to the best practices for GMO avoidance.
- GLUTEN-FREE AND VEGETARIAN: Contains no sugar, salt, yeast, wheat, soy, corn, dairy products, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
- SERVING RECOMMEDATION: Take 1 capsule daily. Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Certified organic
- Kosher certified
- Not irradiated and no additives or perservatices
- Natural Source Of Iodine; Kelp is derived from the sea; It is a naturally rich source of iodine, which is an essential component of the thyroid hormone that plays a role in growth, development and control of metabolic rate
- Healthy Thyroid Function; The iodine from kelp helps to support healthy thyroid hormone levels; Thyroid hormone also helps regulate the function of mitochondria, which are the energy-producing components of cells
- Gluten, Wheat & Dairy Free; Solgar North Atlantic Kelp is kosher, and free of: gluten, wheat, dairy, soy, yeast, sugar, artificial flavor, sweetener, preservatives, and color; Suitable for vegetarians
- The Gold Standard: For over 70 years, Solgar has been committed to quality, health, and well-being. Our mission is to create the finest nutritional supplements in small batches, through tireless research, using only the finest raw materials
- 𝗦𝗘𝗔'𝗦 𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗚𝗜𝗙𝗧 𝗧𝗢 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗧𝗛 - Our Organic Sea Kelp is sourced from the coasts of Iceland and manufactured here in the USA. Sea Kelp is a great way to support a healthy thyroid and ovary.
- 𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗢𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗘 𝗗𝗘𝗙𝗜𝗖𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗜𝗘𝗦 - Sea Kelp is a sea vegetable and is loaded with plant-based minerals, proteins & a great way to get your iodine, which is missing from most diets.
- 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗢𝗧𝗘𝗦 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗧𝗛𝗬 𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗟𝗦 - Supports healthy levels of female hormones for your ovaries, breast tissue & menstrual cycle.
- 𝗦𝗨𝗣𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗦 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗧𝗛𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗬𝗥𝗢𝗜𝗗 𝗙𝗨𝗡𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 - A 500 mg tabs that provide what the thyroid needs to maintain its optimum function. Sea Kelp is one of the richest sources of nutrients for your organs, glands & tissues.
- 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗦𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 - If for any reason you're not happy with the results you experience within the first 30 days, we’re happy to give you a refund! Simply send us a message. The refund will be processed as long as it is requested within 30 days of purchase, NO EXCEPTIONS. There is no need to return the product back to us! Note: SHIPPING COST IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
- ✅ 100% PURE KELP POWDER – A nutritious, all-natural source of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Naturally occurring vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D & E, zinc minerals, iodine, magnesium, iron, potassium, copper & calcium
- ✅ HEALTH BOOSTING PLANT – Low calorie and sugar-free superfood contains naturally occurring iodine, which may help support healthy metabolism when eaten as part of a balanced diet
- ✅ VERSATLE SEA VEGETABLE – Kelp adds a savory “umami” flavor to foods, it can also be eaten as a staple, snack topper, salad & pizza topping, smoothie and shake booster, or to make healthy pasta-substituting kelp noodles
- ✅ HIGH FIBER STAPLE – Clean sourced botanical with no unhealthy fillers or preservatives, provides you with an excellent source of fiber, supporting improved gut health and regularity
- ✅ WHOLEFOOD SUPPLEMENTS BY HERBAILA – Our supplements are clean sourced and lab tested for purity, to ensure you get only the best and finest ingredients in every package
- SUPER GREENS/325 mcg OF NATURAL IODINE: NOW Kelp delivers the natural nutrient profile found in Genuine Whole Foods. Take 1 capsule daily with a meal.
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY THYROID FUNCTION*: Kelp is an excellent source of iodine, which has been shown to be essential for healthy thyroid function.*
- CLASSIFICATIONS/CERTIFICATIONS: Non-GMO, Kosher, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Nut Free, Soy Free, Vegan/Vegetarian
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
- 180 Capsules.
- Dietary supplement.
- A nutrient-rich, brown sea vegetable rich in iodine.
Unique formula to help support thyroid health
An ocean plant, kelp is packed with nutrients and is a rich source of iodine, a mineral essential to healthy thyroid function
Formula is standardized to 0.4% iodine
- Per GMP guidelines set forth by the FDA, most products are formulated for 24 months from the date of manufacture. Liquids and probiotics are formulated for 12 months.
- CONTAINS: a 2 oz (56 g) bag of whole leaf Kelp "Wild Atlantic Kombu"
- ORGANIC: This product is Certified Organic by OCIA
- QUALITY: Sustainably-harvested in some of the cleanest waters in the world and tested for microbes, heavy metals, radioactivity, and other pollutants
- NUTRITIOUS FOOD: A good source of vegetable protein, dietary fiber, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, phosphorous, vitamins, anti-oxidants, iodine and other trace minerals
- EMPLOYEE-OWNED: As of 2017, Maine Coast Sea Vegetables was established as an employee-owned business where 100% of the company’s ownership is invested in an E.S.O.P. or an employee stock ownership plan.
- Vegetarian/ Vegan formulation: Our Organic Sea Kelp is sourced from the coasts of Iceland and manufactured here in the United States of America. Sea Kelp is one of the most nutrient-rich vegetables found in the sea and we deliver 100% of the nutritional value to your body. No harmful chemicals, preservatives or pesticides are added in our formulation.
- Our capsules are delivered in an easy to swallow pill form for thyroid support, weight loss, nail and hair health, anti-aging, boosts in Vitamin A, B, C, D, E and K.
- Our kelp supplements improve the glandular function of your thyroid, which is the organ in your neck that regulates your metabolic function. Our kelp supplement is sourced from pristine ocean waters off the coast of Iceland. These natural tablets are free of seaweed taste and odor, but are packed with natural nutrients right from the earth!
- Our Sea Kelp Tablets has a formula that contains 325mcg per veggie capsule that makes it one of the premium, pure and potent product on the market. Not only that, but our formula is made with organic sea kelp powder that gives you the cleanest ingredients available. Get our kelp supplements today and unleash the benefits of this miracle oceanic seaweed!
- As a small family business, we fully understand the uncertainty and risk of trying new supplements. And this is why we go extra mile to source only the highest quality ingredients. Also, trust and transparency is at the forefront of our brand. We list every single ingredient on our products so that you can make an informative decision. Let us know if you have any questions or if can be of any service!
- Nature's Way Kelp - 100 Capsules
- Sustainably US Grown, Pure Organic Kelp Supplement, 1 Pound (16 Ounce), Kelp Vitamins, No GMOs and Vegan Friendly.
- Natural Iodine Supplement for Thyroid Support, Rich in Immune Vitamins (Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C and Vitamin D), Minerals (Iodine, Magnesium, Iron, Potassium and Zinc Vitamin), Flavonoids, Amino Acids, Fibers, Polyphenols, Fatty Acids and Antioxidants.
- No GMOs, No Additives, No Preservatives, No Artificial Colors, No Flavors, No soy, No Fillers and No Gluten
- Scoop included to get the measurement every time. Take it daily with or between meals by adding it to a shake or smoothie, see what the most nutrient dense food on the planet is all about.
- Powder lover? Take it naturally in powder for higher concentration, quicker absorption, easier on the stomach, and more ways to have fun!
- Pure, rich source of natural vitamins and minerals: our Ocean Kelp contains naturally occurring phytochemicals and Omega‐3 fatty acids that are undamaged throughout our gentle processing steps; Essential for balanced growth, health and reproduction
- Supports overall health along with vibrant, healthy, skin and coat; Reducing excessive shedding, replenishes moisture in animal's skin to reduce flaking and itching
- Supports the thyroid to maintain a healthy weight; promotes healthy digestion and increased metabolism; supports the immune system to fight off disease and allergies; promotes increased circulation; promotes reduced arthritis pain and reduces joint inflammation
- ORGANIC ICELANDIC KELP: 100% Certified Organic by WSDA to USDA National Organic Program standards; grown in Iceland & harvested to the strictest international standards then dried at a uniform low temperature by hot geothermal water; packaged in the USA
- High in Beneficial Vitamins and MInerals
- Organic Daily Feed Supplement Designed to Work in Conjunction with other Supplements
- Supports immune system and egg quality
- Benefits Chickens and Ducks through all Life Stages
- Convenient 7lb. Canister
- Fletcher, Patricia (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 24 Pages - 01/01/2017 (Publication Date) - Gareth Stevens Pub (Publisher)
- This is a 12 oz. bag of Sea Tangle Company Kelp Noodles
- Made with mineral-rich sea kelp
- It's great for salads and is ready to eat
- A 100% Raw Food and is free of all allergens
- Low in Carbs and Calories; it's also Fat Free
- NATURALLY BOOST METABOLISM, DETOXIFY YOUR BODY AND STRENGTHEN IMMUNE SYSTEM- Kelp is naturally a rich source of nutrients especially iodine. A healthy thyroid requires natural iodine to function properly. Our vegan kelp iodine supplements improve your thyroid glandular function in turn regulating your metabolism, detoxifying your body and boosting your immune system.
- PRISTINE FORMULATION FREE OF TASTE & ODOR- Our premium and proprietary formulation method ensures these thyroid support tablets help regulate your body’s metabolism naturally. Our sea kelp extract is sourced from extremely pristine ocean waters off the beautiful coast of France. These natural tablets are free of any and all seaweed taste and odor yet are packed with completely natural ingredients procured right from the sea itself.
- GUARANTEED PURITY IN BPA FREE, RECYCLABLE GLASS BOTTLES- Cheap plastic bottles are harmful to the environment and your health. We seal your supplements in environmentally-friendly amber glass bottles with heat-sealed sleeves and best by dates to ensure the safest and purest product available. Unlike some other supplement manufacturers, our bottles are fully recyclable. Each bottle contains 250 tablets that are easy to swallow, Gluten Free, Vegan and Vegetarian.
- WHY CHOOSE NATURAL NUTRA AS YOUR SUPPLEMENT SOURCE- Natural Nutra was established with one mission in mind; to provide the highest quality, all-natural supplements using only environment friendly and socially responsible methods. Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA, are backed by extensive research and contain exactly what is presented on our labels.
- BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE- When you purchase from Natural Nutra you’re not just buying a premium product, you’re igniting change. As supporters of social responsibility and environmental sustainability, we donate a portion of proceeds towards employing villagers to plant trees in heavily deforested regions around the world. Together we can make the world a better place for you and future generations.
- Kelp is a natural source of iodine
- Kelp supplement helps thyroid function normally
- Provides nutritive support
- No Artiﬁcial Color, Flavor or Sweetener, No Preservatives, No Sugar, No Starch, No Corn, No Soy, No Egg, No Lactose, No Gluten, No Wheat, No Yeast, No Fish, No Sodium.
- TOP QUALITY GMP CERTIFIED PRODUCTS - All Best Naturals products are manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), among the highest standards in the world - Proudly Made in USA - Purity & Potency Guaranteed
Amazing Health Benefits of Kelp
Considered by many to be a superfood because of its wide variety of nutrients, kelp has been a staple of several Asian cultures for centuries. While its popularity in the western world is a more recent event, as more people discover the many benefits this vegetable has to offer, it’s quickly becoming part of a healthy, balanced diet for a large number of Americans as well.
Kelp health benefits includes preventing cancer, maintaining pH balance, enhancing bone density, a good source of protein, helps in RBC production, a good salt replacement, boosting immunity and managing menstruation symptoms. Other benefits includes supporting weight loss, combating diabetes and blood disorders, fighting inflammation, lowering cholesterol levels, relieving digestion, curing anemia and boosting immunity.
What is Kelp?
Kelp comes from the brown algae family. The plant grows in shallow coastal waters. Since kelp grows fairly quickly, it grows back fully within just 10 days of its harvest.
Kelp is popularly taken as a supplement. It is popularly used as powders, tablets and capsules. The plant should only be consumed on your doctor’s recommendation. Since, it contains a high amount of iodine, patients who are suffering from hypersensitivity to iodine or hypothyroidism should avoid consuming it.
There are many kelp forests in the world that are also referred to as colonies. Kelp is widely used as a vegetable and is a popular dietary supplement due to its rich nutritional value.
Nutritional Value of Kelp
The plant has several vitamins and minerals in abundance. It is particularly rich in B vitamins, which play a crucial role in cellular metabolism. There are also many useful minerals including magnesium and calcium that play a valuable role in maintaining normal muscle function and strong bones.
Kelp is a crucial part of the Chinese and Japanese cuisine. However, it is now widely used in all parts of the globe as a delicious food source.
It is a rich source of dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals and other organic substances. Hence, there are many benefits of consuming Kelp. It is a great way to keep the body hydrated. This is why kelp soup is popularly used to rehydrate the body quickly. Here are 11 incredible benefits of using Kelp regularly.
11 Amazing Health Benefits of Kelp
1. Great Source of Iodine
Do you know if you’re eating enough iodine? That’s an important question, because iodine-rich foods help protect you from a dangerous deficiency. Iodine is a vital nutrient that helps support a healthy thyroid, protects against certain kinds of cancer, promotes healthy growth and development in babies and children, and even helps you maintain a healthy brain.
Because kelp contains an extremely high level of iodine (up to 2,984 micrograms in some varieties), it’s one of the best ways to maintain a healthy level of iodine. Powdered kelp has been used to treat hypothyroidism in patients with severe motor intellectual disabilities, who are at a very high risk of iodine deficiency. (1)
2. Helps You Lose Weight
Not only is kelp a nutrient-rich food that’s beneficial to any diet, but it also has specific fat-fighting properties. A protein found in most varieties, known as fucoxanthin, has been shown to significantly reduce fat tissue — one of the reasons I recommend it as a healthy weight loss supplement. (2) A study out of Moscow also found that a combination of pomegranate seed oil with fucoxanthin promoted weight loss and increased liver function. (3)
Another way kelp can be helpful when losing weight is by the presence of particular molecules known as alginates. These alginates are prevalent in some varieties of kelp more than others. One study studied the effect of kelp on pancreatic lipase, finding that its consumption reduced this process by which the pancreas overprocesses fat and stores too much in the body. Instead, this seaweed was a vital factor in helping the body expel fat via excrement, rather than absorb large amounts. (4) Essentially, this means it’s considered a lipase inhibitor.
3. May Prevent or Treat Diabetes
Those at risk for or who have diabetes may also find kelp a welcome addition to their diabetic diet plan. A Korean study published in Nutrition Research and Practice found that kelp consumption greatly improved blood glucose levels, positively influenced glycemic control and increased antioxidant enzyme activities in patients with type II diabetes. (5)
4. Helps with Some Blood-Related Disorders
There’s a power nutrient found in many varieties of kelp that, among other things, has shown effectiveness against blood-related problems. It’s called fucoidan.
Fucoidan has shown effectiveness in preventing blood clots that can lead to dangerous health problems, including stroke and heart attack. It’s so effective, in fact, that researchers cite it as having potential to be used as an oral antithrombotic agent, potentially reducing the need of prescription drugs to treat clotting problems. (6) This may be relevant especially to those suffering from or at risk for diabetes, as a common complication of diabetes includes excessive clotting — making this brown seaweed a double-whammy on diabetes.
Fucoidan also protects cells in your body from ischemic damage, meaning damage caused by improper levels of blood flow to certain parts of the body. (7)
5. Slows the Growth of Many Types of Cancer
Multiple nutrients in kelp function in tandem to give you protection against cancer. The presence of fucoxanthin was found to be effective against a number of types of prostate cancer. In addition, fucoxanthin can help remove drug resistance in cancer patients undergoing dangerous chemotherapy treatments, thereby reducing the amount of harmful drugs introduced into one’s system in order to treat cancer. (8) While my recommendation is generally to avoid traditional cancer treatments, the impact is still significant for many who choose to go that route.
However, when it comes to cancer-fighting nutrients, fucoidan wins the top spot. Studies on fucoidan have found that it causes cancer cells to die (a process known as “apoptosis”) in leukemia, colon, breast and lung cancer. (9, 10, 11) It’s the fucoidan and fucoxanthin combo that makes this sea vegetable one of the most effective cancer-fighting foods.
6. Natural Anti-Inflammatory
As a general defense against most diseases, I always recommend following a diet rich in anti-inflammatory foods. Inflammation is at the root of most diseases, and it’s hypothesized that chronic inflammation may be caused by an overactive immune system, flooding the body with dangerous hormones.
Certain kinds of kelp have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties (and serve as antioxidants), meaning they help reduce the overall inflammation in your body, which in turn reduces your probability of disease. (12) Fucoidan, found in kelp, has also been shown to work as an anti-inflammatory and also to improve cholesterol levels in the blood, responsible for heart conditions. (13)
7. Helps Prevent Bone Loss
Are you at risk for osteoporosis or other bone diseases? Kelp can help with that, too! First, it’s a rich source of vitamin K — you get almost a quarter of the daily recommended intake of vitamin K in just one serving. One of the many benefits of vitamin K is its role in creating denser bones that don’t as easily succumb to arthritis and osteoporosis. It’s also worthwhile to note that if you’ve been on antibiotics lately, you might need to increase your vitamin K intake to avoid vitamin K deficiency.
However, people on blood-thinning drugs ought to avoid extra vitamin K, as it can affect how the drugs work.
Fucoidan also contributes to healthy bones. Low molecular weight fucoidan helps prevent age-related bone loss and improves the mineral density in bones.
8. Maintains pH Balance
Kelp is an alkaline food. This implies that it is a natural way to maintain a good acid-base balance in the body. This is helpful for good digestion and most of our bodily processes.
9. A Good Source of Protein
Since kelp has more than 15 various amino acids, it is extremely beneficial for boosting the amount of protein in our body. Not only it regulates cellular growth, but it also heals wounds and helps in muscle development. If you are looking for a good natural source of protein, add some kelp to your diet.
10. Helps in RBC Production
It is a little known fact that kelp also triggers the production of red blood cells. Kelp has plenty of chlorophyll, which bears a close resemblance to human blood. This is why consuming kelp optimizes all organ functions throughout our body.
11. A Replacement for Salt
You can’t cook a meal without adding salt. But too much salt is also harmful to the body. This seaweed is rich in iodine and this is why kelp extract can be used as an excellent replacement. It tastes the same without the negative effects of salt.
If you want to cut down your sodium intake or experience serious cardiovascular problems; turn to kelp for adopting a healthy replacement.
12. Boosts Immunity
Our body remains vulnerable to outside infections and diseases in the absence of a strong immunity system. Kelp fortifies our immune system by nourishing it with all the essential vitamins and minerals. If you are suffering from any mineral or vitamin deficiency, consuming it is a nutritious way to boost your immunity.
The potassium present in it binds all that sodium in your body and flushes it out of your system. This is why kelp also guarantees a good heart health.
13. Managing Menstruation Symptoms
It is not uncommon for women to suffer from painful menstruation symptoms or PMS. If you put an end to the constant fatigue, anemia and cramps during this time; a mineral-rich super food such as kelp miraculously works and takes care of all uncomfortable symptoms.
Other health benefits of kelp
Apart from these benefits, there are many advantages that you get out of it. Here are a few other reasons why you should include kelp in your diet.
lowers cholesterol levels
provides more energy to the body
There is enough anecdotal evidence to believe that consuming it’s supplement guarantees exceptional hair growth. If you suffer from split ends and falling hair; then you can take kelp supplements to boost your hair growth.
This seaweed is a popular vegetable that has been consumed by many Eastern countries for years. However, it is now beginning to make its way into other parts of the world.
Another thing to know before you start benefitting from kelp is that a few types of seaweed are toxic. This is especially true for kelp that grows in contaminated water. Toxins such as lead, arsenic and cadmium affect the quality and purity of kelp.
Although it is perfectly fine to consume kelp occasionally, pregnant women and people with hyperthyroidism should not use it.
Real Supplements gives you the best Kelp Supplements on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top-rated products….
We needed to put together a site we could send our friends and clients to with confidence they were getting the most updated information. We hope this site is used as a reference that will make your purchase easier and with as much knowledge as we can share.
With over 30 years experience in the health and fitness industry, we
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2020-12-04.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.